Listed below are our current vacancies:
- Set up and operate a variety of general or specialised metal working machines to repair automotive engine parts or auxiliary units, such as transmissions, differentials, springs and brakes. Applies knowledge of mechanics, shop mathematics, metal properties and also machine procedures.
- Operates machine lathes to modify water pump castings, piston heads, valves and other such automotive components.
- Operates boring and crankshaft grinding machinery.
- Clean parts, before and after machining in agitator type cleaning tanks to remove grease and oil particulates.
- Operate lathe, boring, or honing machines to refinish internal surfaces of bearing connecting rods.
- Verify dimensions using micrometres, calipers and height gauges to ensure adherence to tolerance and specifications.
- Grind metal surfaces of engine blocks and cylinder heads using portable and fixed machinery.
- Spray worn parts with molten aluminium, zinc, or other materials to build up parts.
- Examine parts for fractures using magna flux test equipment.
- Repair cracks in engine cylinder heads or other vehicle parts using arc or gas welding equipment.
- Operate drum lathe to resurface brake drums or discs.
- Assemble engines in short, long or full assemble configurations.
- General engineering work.
Note: Heavy lifting is often necessary.
To apply for this role please click the button below and email us your CV and Cover Letter.