Engine balancing eliminates harsh vibrations and helps reduce wear and tear on individual components. Balancing will make your engine last longer and improve its overall performance. Fuel consumption is lower in a well-balanced engine, and emissions are decreased. The experienced technicians at Franklin Engineering have proven championship results, and use the latest computer technology to accurately balance your engine. For racing vehicles they balance engines to New Zealand motorsport regulations. Our workshop has digitally controlled Sunnen DCB-750 and DCB-2000 balancing machines, which are both fast and precise. These two machines have different systems controllers and we choose the one that best suits the needs of the job. The versatility of the DCBs means we can use them on crankshafts from a wide variety of engines: single cylinder, Harley Davidson, in-line 4, V6, V8, large diesel, and even industrial pumps and compressors. While other engine balancing specialists may work on just high performance vehicles or just industrial or marine motors, the team at Franklin Engineering have the equipment and expertise to balance almost any engine. Here are some examples of the services we offer:
- Engine balancing for road vehicles - standard or high performance cars, trucks and motorcycles.
- Engine balancing for racing vehicles such as speedway cars, muscle cars, drift cars, off-road vehicles and racing bikes. This includes flywheel lightening and balancing. We can also add heavy metal (Mallory) to crankshafts.
- Balancing industrial equipment such as Armatures, rotors, pump implores, large fans, drive shafts, mower drums, high-speed cutting heads, hubs, pulleys.
- Balancing marine engines, shafts and propellers.
- Building and modifying drive shafts. We also balance drive shafts from any car, truck or industrial vehicle.